Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Blue Cross Blue Shield is not one single insurance company, but a collection of franchises that are all independently operated and which have vastly different policies and coverage criteria.
Do you have a deductible?
- Be aware that your deductible begins again with each new plan year. For some, this will be January 1, for others this will be based on the plan year established by your employer.
- If you have a deductible, you will pay your co-payment at the time of your visit as usual. When Harvard Pilgrim lets us know the balance due, we will bill you for your deductible amount.
Step 1: Look at your insurance card
- If your plan is administered by BCBS of Rhode Island, it will say so either on the front or back of the card
- If your plan is administered by BCBS of another state, see the insurance center for other Out of State Blue Cross Blue Shield plans
Step 2: Obtain doctor's order
- If your doctor has given you a prescription for your speech therapy, bring it with you to the appointment
- If your doctor has not given you a prescription, contact them and ask them to fax it to us at 781-329-2207
(We need this for our medical record)
Step 3: Attend your evaluation After your evaluation, we will send our report in for review and authorization for treatment. There may be a delay while the insurance company processes our request.
BCBSRI Speech Coverage Guidelines (general from their web site; check your specific policy documents)